I cannot believe all the Christmas ads I am seeing! It started back in mid-August! Advent calendars and the like. It gets earlier every year, doesn't it? Crazy stuff. We did not have Christmas when I was a child, so it became a big deal when I got older and lived away from home. But really, this is a wee bit too much, I reckon.
Just to let you all know, I am off for surgery late October, so the November IMK will be a quickie for me, done before I go to hospital. So I doubt I will be able to comment on your posts but we will get there, my friends!
 |
| my sneaky extra curveball - Sundae Bob by our mate Chainsaw Newton |
In My Kitchen:
 |
| I made chicken and potato stew |
 |
| and I bought a beautiful hand-carved scoop by Carol Russell |
 |
I bought the relishes from some lovely ladies having a Church stall (the Pepero is from the Japanese store) |
 |
| I hulled and sliced these for the freezer |
 |
and I bought this crabby plate from the online Japanese shop (I'm a Cancerian; how can I help myself? - hehehe) |
 |
| I made these somewhat dubious-looking pistachio spread/chocolate biscuits |
 |
| our Tassie mate brought up these gorgeous, homegrown Meyer lemons |
 |
| got these from our local Providore |
 |
| yep another wooden spoon! carved in Japan (possibly beech?) |
.jpg) |
| more Herbie's spices |
 |
| so cute! hand-painted plate by Virginia Arregui |
 |
| some more Japanese items from Genki Mart |
 |
| Japanese ice creams! Wow, that peach one on a stick was sublime! |
 |
| the curveball - sweet little vase made by our mate NatPop from TheAustinFlowers |
.jpg) |
| c. Sherry M. |
Be a part of our friendly IMK community by adding your post here too - everybody welcome! We'd love to have you visit. Tell us about your kitchen (and kitchen garden) happenings over the past month. Dishes you've cooked, preserves you've made, herbs and veg. in your garden, kitchen gadgets, and goings-on. And one curveball is welcome - whatever you fancy; no need to be kitchen-related.
The link is open from the first of the month to midnight on the thirteenth of the month, every month.
Options for adding your post to IMK:
1. Add via the Add Link button at the bottom of this post. Instructions can be found on the sidebar of this page, under the Add your IMK link OR:
2. Comment on this post, providing a link to your post so I can add it manually to the list below OR:
3. Email me: sherrym1au@gmail.com, with your link or any queries about the link process, or if you would like it to be added after the 13th ('cos I'm happy to add it for you later)
4. If you prefer not to add your post via Inlinkz, I am very happy to add it for you manually. Just email me with your blog name and URL!!
Looking forward to seeing you all here, my friends!
Hi Sherry — good luck with your health as you go for treatment!
ReplyDeleteAs usual, the Linky hates me, but here’s my contribution to the kitchen celebration for this month. I enjoyed all your new things.
https://maefood.blogspot.com/2026/09/september-in-michigan.html
sorry about that Mae!
DeleteSupermarkets have been loaded with all the X'mas sweets since two weeks ago...Love that hand-carved scoop. You love Japanese stuff, don't you? Hoping for a smooth procedure and an easy recovery, Sherry!!
ReplyDeletecrazy isn't it? I do indeed love Japanese stuff Angie!
DeleteWe will all be wishing you the best for your surgery in November! Concentrate on getting well, not on answering comments!
ReplyDeleteThis month, I love the scoop, the strawberries (wow, they look fantastic), the crab bowl, and the fish plate. And, of course, all the foodie stuff is fun, too.
Naturally, I am curious as to why you didn’t have Christmas when you were young… I’m glad you have it now, but August, September, October, and most of November are way too early! For my family, the season started after Thanksgiving, but we didn’t get serious about decorating or anything like that until the week before Christmas.
We were brought up as Jehovah's Witnesses, David so no christmas, birthdays, easter etc... Very very cult-like childhood!!
DeleteGood luck with your surgery Sherry! I hope it goes well and you recover quickly. How cute is that Mutti jar ceramic? :)
ReplyDeletethanks Lorraine. Yes I love Nat's ceramics! And another one on the way to me ... hehehe ...
DeleteSherry - will truly be thinking of you and hoping for the very best for your surgery! I have largely turned my back on Christmas for a variety of reasons - it is the time I generally 'disappear' from view and comfortably catch up on all the things left undone during the year. Christmas ads - I simply turn away annoyed !!!
ReplyDeletethanks so much Eha. It's all a bit scary! I keep joking about how they are going to slit my throat!
DeleteSo much goodness in your kitchen this month both of the edible and non-edible variety. I love the crab bowl and the wooden spoons - you must have quite a collection of the latter - and that stew looks absolutely delicous. The Mutti vase is adorable - what a masterpiece! Hope all goes well with the surgery. Sending healing vibes your way xx
ReplyDeletethanks so much Sammie. Yep I have 3 utensil jars full of wooden spoons! Some for sweet and some for savoury uses. And yes Nat's ceramic vases are the best! Thanks re. surgery; it's a bit scary!
DeleteI saw some lovely wooden spoons in France and thought of you! Hope your surgery is a success. I may be in the same boat as you.
ReplyDeletethanks for thinking of me Tandy. Oh dear, sorry to hear about your possible surgery (?).
DeleteSherry I trust your surgery will go well, I hope recovery won't be too difficult. Please rest up. For the first time in a long time all of our family will be home for Christmas this year so I am very excited, and we will have to buy a Christmas tree, because of the grandchildren. The Japanese shops must get so excited when they see you coming. We don't have one in Mackay, just lots of Asian supermarket shops. I love the crabby plate, Mum was a Cancerian, so I feel I know you well, hee, hee:) The finger lime marmalade caught my eye, I'll be on the lookout when next in Cairns. Take care my friend, hopefully my HRK will be out there soon.
ReplyDeletethanks muchly Pauline. Scary times but i am hoping the surgery will make me feel better soon! How very wonderful about having all your family together for Christmas. Yes we Cancerians are very similar i feel. Know one, you know them all! x
DeleteSending lots of prayers and good vibes with you, Sherry, during and after your surgery. Everyone is decorating here for Halloween. All that scary stuff terrifies me, and it is everywhere I go. And Christmas stuff is out everywhere, too. Isn't today just October 1st?
ReplyDeletethanks Deb. I do love Halloween tho ... :=)
DeleteIt's lovely to see your strawberries. Our season is a short one, over in June and then we only have "store" berries, which are shipped in and usually not very good. I saw a load of Christmas things -- trees and lights and displays in a store yesterday. Too early! Sending all good wishes that your October and the time leading to your surgery is good.
ReplyDeleteyes christmas seems to be here already! Thanks!
DeleteSending you all the good vibes for your surgery later in October; hope everything goes smoothly and you’re back to enjoying your kitchen chaos in no time.
ReplyDeletethank you Raymund. Fingers crossed.
DeleteHi Sherri- thanks for hosting this every month. It's really fun!! I love your scoop and crabby plate. Everything looks great. I hope your surgery goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery.
ReplyDeletethanks Judee!
Deleteoh gosh Sherry, good luck for your surgery ! You are a trooper for keeping the IMK group going. Loving that little fish plate and that scoop looks perfect for granola. And home grown Meyer lemons, what a treat !
ReplyDeletethanks DoS! I do love IMK so it's a pleasure to keep on with it. I think it's about 10 years for me, after Liz and Celia and Maureen looked after it. Yes a big treat to have homegrown lemons!
DeleteI love those wooden utensils.
ReplyDeletethanks Jackie.
Delete