Thursday 9 January 2014

Eggnog for Christmas

I know it is a bit late, but now that the Christmas madness is over I have a bit of time to add a new post.  So here is my tried and true recipe for eggnog that I make every year on demand.  It is actually from an old magazine clipping that I cut out many years ago when spending the holiday season in the States with a Quaker friend.  I have managed to find it also on the Net which really surprised me as it was so many years ago.  It is very rich and very delicious and very heady if you add lots of rum like we do!  The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of rum but we tend to double it- and then some!  Oh and sprinkle lots of nutmeg on top- a must!
eggwhites beaten, and mixing yolks and sugar together till creamy

adding 2 litres of ice cream!

and lots of vanilla into the mix

splashing in copious amounts of rum

mixing it all together-gently- as it is cascading over the bowl in a snowy flurry

oh boy!  now to drink it on down- the first glass of many!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.