Thursday 15 October 2015

A -Z Guidebook - Eltham Valley NSW


the entrance to Eltham Valley Pantry, Eltham NSW 


As anyone who knows me (either virtually or in real life) can tell you, I adore the Northern Rivers region of NSW.  Mr P. and I visit often, to catch up with friends and have a great time, including eating all the amazing produce down there.  We recently went down for the Sample Food Festival, and tried to have lunch here at Eltham Pantry but to no avail.  Sadly they were booked out that day.  Ah well, next time!

It is beautiful countryside, with stunning scenery, and lots of interesting and arty people, who have a keen interest in an alternative way of life.  The area packs a huge punch, and way above its weight.  (not sure if my metaphors are the right ones, but you know what I mean folks!)

Mr P. and I have been visiting this region for quite some years now. I have vivid memories of driving down at the crack of dawn one Sunday morning to go to the Channon market.  This was before the new bits of highway and tunnels were put in, so it used to take hours to get there!  I bought a glass paperweight from a hippie dude who was wearing just shorts with no underwear.  He was sitting there legs akimbo.  Let me tell you, it was all hanging out!  And not a pretty sight:=)


Join in with Fiona from tiffinbitesized, in this monthly get-together where bloggers share their travel photos and stories.  This month we are delving into the letter E. 



TIFFIN - bite sized food adventures -

12 comments:

  1. I laughed at your story about the Channon Markets. My mum always tells the story of a blacksmith there who used to have a leather apron and not another scrap of clothing. Hope that apron protected all of those private parts! Thanks for sharing your stories - I love northern NSW too. (I've added your post to the link up)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those hippies are funny fellas! he really liked to show his goods to the world. thanks for adding me to your post. i was going to do it tonight when i got near a computer:)

      Delete
  2. oh, I have visions of things hanging out! I love the cutlery at the entrance. Something I would not be surprised to see at a friend's house at all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi tandy
      yes it was a bit of a shock to innocent little me:) isn't that cutlery fab? such a great idea.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea - I'm trying to think if I've been anywhere beginning with 'E'! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stories and your travels. I need to get out more and join you and Fiona. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great idea maureen. come along with us on our travels- virtually speaking:)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing this fun photo and your travel memory. Some things I guess you never forget! I'm visiting you from A-Z Guidebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi patti
      thanks for dropping by. glad you liked the post.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fun, trip and an interesting place to visit. You paint quite a picture of that hippie too, Haha! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes they are interesting folk down there emily!:)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.