Sunday 10 January 2016

In My Kitchen January 2016 + My Sunday Photo 10 Jan 2016


my new blender - so pretty  


Yay, back to making smoothies for breakfast.  My old blender died over a year ago, and it has taken me this long to get a new one. Love the red!



saffron from Iran  


A lovely Iranian friend went back home over Christmas to see her parents, and brought me back this gorgeous saffron.  Thank you Atee!  It smells divine.



can you see the turtle?  



This is a lovely celadon teabowl from potter Steve Sheridan in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney.  I first saw this on Celia's blog (the former IMK host) and lusted after one for ages.  Mr P. kindly bought me this one for Christmas.  I adore the tiny turtle in the bottom (symbol of longevity).



home made Irish Cream


In my kitchen was the annual making of the Irish Cream.  We have a friend or 2 who likes to partake of this each Christmas.  I seem to remember  a certain Miss M who drank her whole bottle in one fell swoop :=))



a beautiful tea pot from friends   


In my kitchen is this lovely tea pot gifted by friends - so very pretty.  Sadly I don't drink tea except peppermint when I am sick so I will have to leave it to our guests to use it.  (I do have a collection of tea pots though.)  I love the look of them.



my sister says these work wonderfully well  



In my kitchen is a baking dish (or 2).  Sis says they make a wonderfully crisp crust.  And here is another, this time from Mr P.     And yes, it does give a crisp, crunchy crust.



yep this also gives a crisp crust


Swedish moose tea towel   


In my kitchen is a kökshandduk tea towel from Sweden.  My cousin travels each year to outlandish places and brings back fabulous things.  Late last year she went to Sweden and Greenland (be still my beating heart) amongst other countries.  I worked out kök means kitchen; not sure about the rest.


a visiting cat  


In my kitchen is a visiting cat.  She is very friendly, and completely gorgeous.  Where does she come from?  Where does she go?  It is a mystery my friends.


yum!


In my kitchen are my fave sweets.  Soooo delish!  Thanks Mr P.



cute little rabbit    


Lastly in my kitchen is this sparkly little crystal rabbit bought by Mr P. for our anniversary.  I have quite a collection of rabbits in one form or another.  Who can resist?  Just don't buy a real one as a pet in Queensland, else you will be fined and lose your first-born.


This year the In My Kitchen series has moved from its former host Celia of Fig Jam & Lime Cordial to our charming new host Maureen from The Orgasmic Chef.   Thanks Maureen for taking over.  Pop on over to check it out - or join in next month.



OneDad3Girls




This week I am once again joining in the My Sunday Photo hosted by Darren at Photalife.



34 comments:

  1. I had completely forgotten there are no rabbits in Qld. (well accept the ones in your kitchen) You're visiting kitty is adorable! We had a pretty little boy cat visiting (and upsetting my girls) but then one day he met with the dogs and we haven't seen him come back since. I hope we get to see some lovely saffron recipes in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep no rabbits allowed in this here State:). Mmm saffron what shall I do with you?

      Delete
  2. I actually have those very tins on my Peter's of Kensington wish list so that when people ask me what I want for birthdays or Christmas, the list is there. (I'd prefer nothing but some insist). The teapot is lovely but i don't drink tea either so it's a teabga when you come to my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes teabags here too. I love my teapots tho.

      Delete
  3. Ooooh - kitchen pictures - lovely. That colouful teapot is gorgeous. I reckon I could collect teapots if I had the space to keep them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Rosie. Lack of room is a problem in my kitchen too but I keep collecting stuff:)

      Delete
  4. Ooo I love being nosey around peoples kitchens

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  5. What interesting finds you have in your kitchen, it looks like you received some fab presents for your kitchen this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona. I was very lucky to get such lovely gifts.

      Delete
  6. I would love to spend a month outside your door as you carry in the most exquisite things. That saffron and the turtle did my head in. The cat is gorgeous and how lovely that she comes to use your sunbeam and then scoots off.

    Thanks so much for being a part of In My Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for being the new host maureen. wonderful of you! yes she is a lovely cat and i am lucky to have received so many terrific gifts.

      Delete
  7. I wondered about those pie tins! I'd love to hear what you think of them as I almost bought one! :D They make sense when you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my sister swears by the quiche tin lorraine. i am somewhat dubious as my quiches usually spill over the top as it is:)

      Delete
  8. Firstly I am loving the tea towel, I love bright colours. The Irish cream! I never thought of making my own before and I think I may just drink the whole bottle too if I tried making it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi lucy
      the irish cream does slip down rather easily. perhaps that is why i only make it at xmas?! have a great new year.

      Delete
  9. Oh Sherry, so great to have a new blender and get back into smoothy goodness. I love Saffron and yours look particularly wonderful :) I can't wait to see what you make of it!
    What a wonderful present from MR P so thoughtful and Happy Anniversary! :)
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi liz
      i can't wait to try out the saffron. it smells so fresh and amazing. thanks re anniversary. x

      Delete
  10. How did your friend fare drinking your homemade Irish cream Sherry?

    I'm wondering if teapots are making a comeback.

    Such an interesting kitchen :)

    #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi shaz
      my friend was very happy after drinking the irish cream:) i have had teapots for ages; they look so good i think. thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  11. That was a lovely peep into your kitchen Sherry, and not a soggy bottom in sight!
    (That's from the Great British Bake Off just in case you wonder what I'm on about)
    Beautiful juicer and that teapot is gorgeous. I'm a BIG tea drinker.
    You've had lots of beautiful gifts.
    I read a great piece on Facebook (I think) about a cat that went missing everyday for hours. He obviously was being fed because he wasn't eating his usual amounts. One day he appeared with a not attached to his collar which said "if you'd like to know where your cat goes every day then call at this address around midday". This she did and a little old lady opened her door and asked her to come in. There was her cat curled up in the lady's kitchen like he owned the place! Maybe you could attach a note only in reverse?
    Happy belated anniversary to you and Mr P :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi neesie
      yep i get the soggy bottom reference:) we haven't seen the cat for a bit. i am missing her! there is also a mysterious grey cat with huge green eyes which only ever appears on Halloween night. very very odd!

      Delete
  12. Sherry, your new blender is gorgeous! Glad you finally found one to replace the defunct one -- let the smoothie making (and enjoying) begin. I love how the colors in your kitchen (& gifts) all appear in your sparkly little bunny -- a happy reminder of this past holiday season. Your favorite treats are aptly named... Obsession... they sound wonderful! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try one of those choc macadamias one day Kim. the rose ones are to die for. so delish! and my bunny is so very cute and sparkly - i just adore him.

      Delete
  13. No rabbits in Queensland? I never knew that. The teapot is gorgeous - would brighten up any kitchen. How nice to have a bit of company in your kitchen - she looks like a lovely visitor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy
      Yep a huge fine of $44k if you have a rabbit. Oh yes the cat is so sweet! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  14. Just as well I'm not a bunny fancier, other than a nice braise with bacon that is, I had no idea there was such a regulation. I love your tea pot, I always make green tea in a pot, everything else is in a tea bag or infuser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sandra
      yep you don't want to be caught out with a rabbit here.:) you must go to stanthorpe one day and check out the rabbit proof fence.

      Delete
  15. I love the new blender! Those chocolate nuts sound divine too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kari. you would love those nuts! soooo scrumptious.

      Delete
  16. Love the towel. My guess is that the "handduk" part if the name is hand towel, similar to handtuch in German. Lovely quiche land as well, I really need to use my rectangular one more often. The tins if macademias look fantastic, they must taste divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes gretchen those macadamias are really heavenly!:)

      Delete
  17. Ooooh, lots of goodies there, Sherry! I ADORE the Rose Obsessions. xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.