Monday 17 October 2016

A - Z Guidebook: Queenstown New Zealand

stunning Queenstown



I don't have a clue who the photo bombers are!  This was the Christmas we all met up in NZ for a blissfully cool holiday.  16C in Dunedin on Xmas Day; 41C at home in Brisbane.  There was actually some snow up on the mountains here in Queenstown. Oh how we loved having a roast dinner without the sweat puddling under our feet.  

Anyone who has been to NZ will know how gorgeous the scenery is, especially in the South Island.  One day we really must get here in Winter for the snow season.  I bought a huge, furry jacket at a clothing boutique, and was asked by the shopkeeper where I lived? Obviously expecting me to say some cold part of Australia or the world.  I must have had a moment of madness buying this as I have only worn it twice.  She clearly thought I was nuts!

I forgot to tell you this is the TSS Earnslaw, an Edwardian vintage steamer which takes tourists around Lake Wakatipu.  I'm sure I don't need to tell any Lord of the Rings fans that they filmed parts of the movies further up the lake.



Join in with Tiffin Fiona from Bite Sized Food Adventures in this monthly travel linky, showcasing our photos of travels far and wide (or maybe just down the road).  As you can see, we are up to the letter Q. 




TIFFIN - bite sized food adventures -


12 comments:

  1. I adore the South Island! It's so beautiful there it's quite breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant blue day. We went to Queenstown nearly 20 years ago but sadly (but unsurprisingly), it rained the whole time so I don't think we saw the best of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely you need to go on a clear day. It's stunning

      Delete
  3. Bummer...we never made it down to Queenstown when we visited! Some day, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited Queenstown earlier this year. Stunning scenery. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love Queenstown, it has such a good vibe. The South Island is definitely my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is such a marvellous place and so beautiful. and the South Island is still so wonderfully wild.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.