Thursday 23 November 2023

Pineapple Mini Muffins

Mini muffins?  Yes please!  They are so cute.  I have had mini muffin tin liners in my pantry for mmm... quite some time, so I decided to use them - and use them.  I've made these twice in a week, once for the talk I gave to the Historical Society and once for our friend who is having a massive cleanup of her home.  She ordered in a big skip, and asked everyone who could, to help with getting rid of junk.  Hope it doesn't sound mean, but her hubby (who passed away in January) was - shall we say? - a blooming great hoarder :=)

Mr P. and I are getting into the de-clutter mode lately, so things are getting turfed!  I usually read a book and give it away, and we are chucking or selling lots of our stuff!  There was a TV show once, which was actually called Stuff, about the things we humans collect, and what we do with them.  It's such a ubiquitous human trait.

This recipe is from a website called: Chocolate Covered Katie.  She apparently has one of the top 25 food websites in the U.S.  This is a great recipe I have to say!  I am of course using local pineapple (even though Heinz bought the Aussie company out some time ago.)  They also make tinned beetroot, which is a massive part of our culture; I mean a real Aussie burger HAS to have tinned beetroot!  (And often a slice of pineapple.)


I need one of these now :=)

Makes 24 mini muffins or 9 normal ones:

ingredients:

1 x 450g./16 oz tin of crushed pineapple, well-drained (drink the juice/syrup if you fancy)

2 Tbs milk - your choice

1 Tbs white or cider vinegar

1.5 tsp vanilla extract or paste

3 Tbs vegetable (neutral) oil  - I used sunflower oil

1 cup plain flour

1/2 tsp each of - bi-carb (baking) soda, sea salt and baking powder

1/3 cup caster sugar


Method:

Grab a large mixing bowl, and whisk together the first 5 ingredients

Set aside for 10 minutes - just do it! :=)   See Notes

On goes your oven to 180C/355F

Line a muffin tin with cute paper liners

Stir the other ingredients into the mixture in the bowl till just combined - go gently, not like a mad cement mixer

Bake for 20 minutes if using a normal-sized tin, and a bit less for the mini muffins - stick a skewer in one to check if done - you want it mostly clean

Let 'em cool down; eat at once if you can't wait, or leave for a day in an airtight container, as the flavour becomes better after a day


Notes:

Yes, it is important to set aside the first 5 ingredients for 10 minutes; some chemical reaction going on, my friends

For once in my blogging/baking life I did indeed just use cup measurements rather than finding out the grammage!


combine the pineapple et al together

and baked!  so cute, so delicious


I shall be making these again (after this post goes up) for a friend's art studio Christmas event.  Weirdly, I took only these 2 photos when baking these!  Usually I have a plethora to choose from for the blog post!


c. Sherry M.

40 comments:

  1. Oh Sherry, those just look TOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Sherry and the crushed pineapple must give them moisture and a nice flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't baked any pineapple muffins in a long while..these look so beautifully golden and tender. I like to bake mine with some extra coconut flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sounds delicious, Sherry, and not too challenging to make. I've pinned them for my next baking adventure. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love crushed pineapple in a recipe! I will make these. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like gathering things and I have finally convinced Dave we need to get rid of the things we got from his Mum that we don't love. These muffins sound like a recipe to keep.
    from Tandy I Lavender and Lime https://tandysinclair.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They were amazing and were gobbled up with delight from all the hungry worker bees helping with the clean up. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! I love mini anything and pineapple anything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mini muffins are the best - they look delicious 😋

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this delightful recipe, and I can imagine these mini muffins disappearing quickly at any gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got this feeling when I commented from my phone before it was anonymous, anyway lovely looking mini muffins Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Pauline. I've literally got another batch in the oven as we speak :)

      Delete
  12. Like you, Sherry, I have hundreds of mini muffin liners. I never actually thought to make muffins with them! I always use them to serve a little cups of candies or nuts at parties. Thanks for the idea and the fun recipe. (But don’t be surprised when you come to the United States and can’t get beetroot on your hamburgers!) ~ David, C&L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks David. What? No beetroot on your burgers? Eek :=)

      Delete
  13. I'm normally not a huge fan of muffins, but these little guys look and sound terrific indeed! I'm thinking that there could be some coconut frosting for an additional tropical touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm normally not a huge fan of muffins, but these little guys look and sound terrific indeed! I'm thinking that there could be some coconut frosting for an additional tropical touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These Pineapple Mini Muffins are adorable! It's wonderful how a simple and delicious treat can become a catalyst for sharing stories too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always prefer a mini bite especially when there are lots of other things to eat - like for a brunch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes there is something so delightful about a mini anything :)

      Delete
  17. I love muffins, so I'll have to keep this recipe around! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those muffins look GOOD. As an aside, looking at your profile, Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman are two of my favourite authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks much EC. Yep just finished Good Omens for the millionth time :)

      Delete
  19. I hear ya on the mini muffin tins, Sherry - I have probably 2-3 of them in the cupboard, and they only come out once a year...if that. This recipe is a great excuse to pull them out though! I don't think I've ever had pineapple muffins, but they sound like something I would really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't use my mini muffin tin much but i do love the cute muffins! yes these pineapple ones are terrific.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.