Friday 15 April 2022

Malteser Bark For Easter

I know I've made chocolate bark before, and I remember something made with Maltesers, but it hit me that this bark would be a splendid idea!  And to be frank ("I told you not to call me Frank!"), I'm looking at something quick for an Easter post.  April is going haywire.  Birthdays, and blog posts, and writing competitions, and overnight guests etc etc ...

My cousin sent us a lovely little Easter parcel with gloriously dark chocolate, so let's melt it and smother it in broken-up Maltesers, folks.  I was going to use puffed rice thinking it would be 'healthier' than rice cereal but checking the ingredients, I found the Rice Bubbles to be 91% white rice, whereas the puffed rice is 79% rice flour.  Mmm, I didn't like the sound of that, so Rice Bubbles it was.  Maybe it doesn't matter, but who knows?


chocolatey ricy blingy!


ingredients:


300g./10.5 oz chocolate - Use milk, dark, white, ruby - your fave!

150g./5.3 oz Maltesers, smashed up

20g./0.7 oz puffed rice cereal

Lots of Bling!


Method:


First melt your chocolate - I do it in the microwave

Spread it over a baking paper-lined tray

Throw the smashed up Maltesers, the rice cereal and lots of bling all over the chocolate

Whack into the fridge to set, then chop up/break it up as you please

Wrap in cellophane for a lovely Easter gift


Notes:


Lindt 70% dark chocolate is my go-to, but go ahead, make your day!  Use your fave kind, or use more than one kind and swirl 'em around

I blitzed the Maltesers in the food processor, so I ended up with big bits, little bits and some dust



oops! I've jumped ahead - melt the chocolate and blitz the Maltesers

ingredients

all blinged up

and ready for cutting/breaking up

delicious

eat 'em up



© Sherry M.

30 comments:

  1. Gosh, this looks seriously rich and loaded with malteser! Bet you can't stop just eating one or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We almost always melt chocolate in the microwave, too. Easy, quick, pretty painless (gotta watch it a bit, but you need to do that no matter how you decide to melt it). Lovely recipe -- bark is so good. And the more bling the better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it's so easy! except when you lick the knife and stir it around ... :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you're set for Easter treating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't the faintest idea what Maltesers were until I saw the picture. We call them malty balls here in the U.S. Fantastic idea to use them to top bark and your bark looks very festive and springtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny isn't it how they give different names in different countries? Yes a tasty easter bark.

      Delete
  5. I have never seen Maltesers. This looks beautiful, though -- and I suspect if I could find those here I would give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i guess you guys have some kind of malty chocolate balls around ... :-)

      Delete
  6. I've seen Maltesers in the international section at the grocery store. Haven't tried them but your Easter treat looks invitng. Will pick up some Maltesers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! Mark loves malt balls so this would be right up his alley. For me, any and every chocolate dessert will do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the shapes, kids would have a great time identifying them all. It's a bit like alphabet soup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious looking and very interesting bark. Your creativity ran away on this one. I bet is wonderful and love the texture it provides. Crunchy and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love bark - and this one is blingy and perfect for Easter! We don't have Maltesers here in the States, but I'd guess that Whoppers are pretty similar for us. Either way, I could go for a piece of that bark right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! You had me at Maltesers! This looks totally delish. I bet every bunny went wild for it at Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sherry, you can call me Frank anytime, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a tidbit - maltesers are British mfg. by Mars and Whoppers or malted milk balls are a Hershey product - U.S. I actually have been to the Hershey plant in Pennsylvania. So, they are two different products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks judi. I have no idea what malted milk balls are like over there, but other people suggested them ...

      Delete
  14. I have been known to make some Easter bark with colorful pastel candies. My favorite is a Halloween one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pastel candies? I've never thought of a halloween bark. Mm must think more on it ...

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.