Sunday 1 January 2023

In My Kitchen - January 2023

Phew!  We made it; we survived 2022.  And what a stinker it was.  Perhaps yours was better than mine?  I hope so!  And I hope everyone has had a fabulous festive season.  2023 here we come, guns ablazing.  Or maybe just whimpering softly as we stumble along ...

I've been very lucky in the kitchen - with Christmas gifts, time to cook and just enjoy life (tho' I did make that chutney at 5am since I couldn't sleep).  We had a really relaxing Christmas Day, just a brunch at friends', no cooking, just nibblies and fruit.  That's the way to do it.  Hope you all had a lovely day, too.

So here we are for another year of In My Kitchen.  Looking forward to catching up with everyone!  Join in, one and all with your kitchen and kitchen garden joys.  I have even more Christmas stuff, but I'll add that to my next IMK post in February.


In My Kitchen:


a sweet little ceramic dish from Pottery for the Planet

I made my annual mango chutney (at 5am!)

and I dried rosemary (in the microwave) from a friend's garden

and roasted ratty old veg. from the fridge to make a salsa-thingy :=)

I was given a super-charming platter by a friend

and Mr P. bought me a tea towel and cookbook!

a dear friend gave me this tea towel from the Isle of Lewis

my super-dooper cousin gave me this wonderful ceramic tomato-ey dish

and I made my summer batch of mustard for Mr P.


and the curveball (sorry about the reflections)

This is a small watercolour by Sean Leahy, a local Brisbane artist and cartoonist.  This is of an actual landscape not that far from us.  I love the play of light and the red rooves.


Be a part of our friendly IMK community by adding your post too.  Here's how to join us:

Tell us about your kitchen (and kitchen garden) happenings over the past month.  Dishes you've cooked, preserves you've made, herbs and veg. in your garden, kitchen gadgets, and goings-on.  And a curveball is welcome - whatever you fancy; no need to be kitchen-related.  

The link is open from the first of the month to midnight on the thirteenth of the month, every month.


Options for adding your post to IMK:

1. Add via the Add Link button at the bottom of this post.  Instructions can be found on the sidebar of this page, under the Add your IMK link OR:

2. Comment on this post, providing a link to your post so I can add it manually to the list below OR:

3. Email me: sherrym1au@gmail.com, with your link or any queries about the link process, or if you would like it to be added after the 13th ('cos I'm happy to add it for you later)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

54 comments:

  1. Lots of goodies, Sherry, I particularly love that little ceramic dish! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's wishing you a wonderful and safe new year! Love your pottery and I am now inspired to roast some red onion and tomatoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks tina. and to you too! happy 2023! yes we loved the roasted veg. Great on sandwiches etc.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sherry,
    I do hope you’ll be happier and healthier in 2023 and have a much more enjoyable year! It’s wonderful of you to host IMK, though some people never learn that it’s about the KITCHEN, not just publicity for a recipe blog!

    Best for the year, and happy new year to all the committed participants who post about their kitchens!

    thanks … mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mae. I am hoping that too. Yes I've deleted a few of those fake links. Grrrr! They don't even read my post nor comment and they are just horrible selfish adverts!! I thank and appreciate all the lovely bloggers who go to the trouble of putting up real IMKs each month! Cheers!

      Delete
  4. No, 2022 was stinky! I look forward to another new year of visiting your kitchen, hoping all will be better in 2023! Happy New Year, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes jeanie. it was a stinker! 2023 yee har! Happy new year!

      Delete
  5. funny - 10 more hours until 2023 here in Michigan :) Happy New Year Sherry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well we are the future here in australia Judi :=) happy new year.

      Delete
  6. Love the ceramics! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year. May 2023 be kind to you xx
    from Tandy I Lavender and Lime https://tandysinclair.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you were quick off the mark as the fireworks still have to go off for many ;) ! Just love your towels and pottery and wish I could get around to making mustard et al. Horrid year past . . . my broken metatarsal bones etc will unfortunately take up some of this year also . . . Trust most of your days to come will deserve a tick . . . bestest . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had this post written and scheduled days ago Eha :) Mustard is so quick and easy; you must(ard) make it :) Sorry to hear about your health. Mine has been a shocker as has so many others in 2022. wishing you well! in every sense. cheers S

      Delete
  9. Delicious things obviously come from Sherry's kitchen! I am salivating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2023 Sherry! I love that you are continuing this tradition of IMK, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks nancy (?) still not sure if that's your name - so sorry! but your blog doesn't say. I will keep it up till i don't :=) - the IMKs I mean. cheers!

      Delete
  11. Thank you so very much for posting the mushroom canapé recipe. I made them as part of our Christmas brunch and they were a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Anne so glad you liked it. Cheers! happy NY.

      Delete
  12. Happy New Year Sherry! Wish my connecting flight wasn't flying out so soon after landing. Have a fab 2023 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes a pity we didn't have time to catch up. another time! happy 2023 my dear!

      Delete
  13. Cute ceramic dish and the tomato-ey dish too. I love chutney but I have learned to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Cheer! Hope you had a fabulous festive season and that 2023 is good to you! So much goodness in your kitchen this month, I'm determined to join in with IMK this year. 2023 is the year I'll do it, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sammie! All the best for 2023 to you. Yes please do join us for IMK. cheers!

      Delete
  15. I plan to participate regularly in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year to you Sherry! Here's hoping it's a much happier and better year for us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Neil. yep hoping that this is a fab year for us all!

      Delete
  17. I love your IMK series. So fun! Enjoy 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh, more tea towels and pottery (and art) for you this holiday! I always love to see what you highlight. Happy 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year sherry - you are such a trooper keeping up IMK - I continue to love it - even if my energy was a bit depleted by 2022. Here's to a better 2023 and lots more good food and beauty. Speaking of beauty that green platter is amazing, and the leafy plate amuses me with its vegie face. Also love the teatowels and preserves. I am a night owl so I was up til about 3am making fruit mince the night before Christmas eve as I decided I would be more productive then than in the morning. (not sure why my gmail account not showing - blogger does not make it easy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Johanna. I do enjoy hosting! Yes here's to a fab 2023 for us all. I am a night owl too but with a hubby who still works and has to go to bed fairly early, I try to keep his hours (not natural to me). Yes Blogger absolutely sucks!! I am just too darn lazy to find another blogging host and changing over!!

      Delete
  20. As an amateur potter I must say that I truly love this plate! Sooo gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Better late than never :-) I got my lazy butt in gear and made a post! Loving the salsa, your tea towel and I know I'd love some of that mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year, Sherry! Sorry last year was a tough one for you. I suspect it was for many of us. But I have to say, while 2022 was quite the roller coaster for me, all in all it wasn't all bad. In fact, as I retired in September I'd say it was a net positive one. Here's hoping 2023 is better for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sherry, hope it’s a good year for you and your family. Love your ceramics and chutney and mustard…you were a busy bee up at 5am. Have a great January :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Moya. i am really hoping this year is better than last. Yes i was crazy to be up at 5am making chutney but that's the way the cookie crumbles or the mangoes chutney :=) Cheers!

      Delete
  24. I love that your summer mustard include sun-dried tomatoes and basil - how fun is that!? I also love homemade mustard! Here's to 2023 and making chutney at 5am! (Maybe in 2023, it'll make it until 6am...haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks david. Mr P. loves it! Eek no more 5am starts I hope :) cheers!

      Delete
  25. Your mango chutney looks delicious. Enjoy. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. As always, lots of fun things. My favorite this month is your curveball - the Leahy watercolor. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I missed IMK deadline this month Sherry, hoping to be back next month. Happy New Year! Lots of new pottery and art to love after Christmas for you. I've been trying to declutter, but that's not going well:) A friend froze some mangoes for me, so chutney making can come later. Yours looks great and in very sensibly sized jars. I love the Christmas Carol cookbook and tea towel, clever Mr. P to find those. The older I get, the more I am a fan of meaningful tea towels, but I always use them. Take care. WE are growing mould here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Pauline. I try to declutter but then I see another artwork or piece of ceramic:=) Yes i use all my lovely tea towels. No point in having them hidden in a cupboard. Oh no! Yuck to mould! My Sis in law often spoke of it everywhere up north.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.