Friday 19 May 2017

A - Z Guidebook: eXcitement Thanksgiving Day Style

eXcitement: Thanksgiving Day parade  




This is the small town of Lansdale, Pennsylvania.  And this is their Thanksgiving Day Parade, held in minus 10 weather.  You can just see a tiny bit of me in front of our friend Deb in the red coat.  Pity the poor marching girls in their tiny, sparkly frocks.  It was exciting but also incredibly freezing, with that windchill factor zeroing into our bones. The tough Pennsylvanians do not let a little thing like snow and ice and temperatures below zero stop them doing what they want to do.

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes. Mr Pickings remembers the bone chilling day. It was so cold. But those Lansdale people are tough. Fabulous parade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I'm such a wuss when it comes to the cold. People in the Northern Hemisphere are really hardy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they get used to it or else they move to Florida :)

      Delete
  3. Snap! I bet is was freeezing indeed! Thankfully, it was raining. X was hard. I wonder if Nomadic Paths will have something from China?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep X was very hard:). Took me ages to find something!

      Delete
  4. Yikes! It's the same in Nebraska where I'm originally from. My parents had like -20c temps last winter. No thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh definitely not used to that sort of temp. in sunny Queensland :)

      Delete
  5. That is cold! Thank God for band uniforms lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were lucky. I don't know how the little girls coped.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.