Saturday, 1 August 2026

In My Kitchen - August 2026

August?  Are you there, August?  Of course you are.  And how did that happen, my friends?  July has been a bit of a killer healthwise for us.  Lots of people have been saying that this year has been a bit of a trial for them too, so here's hoping it picks itself up soon!  I am so over it! 

And as for Mr P. - he is currently a bit of a test bunny in medical research with our old alma mater the University of Queensland.  He is an anomaly, suffering from a lifelong neurological disease plus prostate cancer.  He never does things by halves, that's for sure!  And never gives in to despair or self-pity, and is a mentor to others in his field (building design).  An incredible fella is Mr P.!



a cheeky curveball! Me in front of my artwork at the Incognito Art show!

No, I can't tell you which one is mine, as they are incognito till someone buys them.  But regular readers will probably be able to guess!  We went to the Art Show to check out all the incredible artworks; it was so lovely to see mine up there, too.


In My Kitchen:


gorgeous green birthday gift from the cuz

we love a bit of relish in this house :=)

the cutest metal (Japanese) spoon and Japanese sesame seed oil

I made citrus cordial with limes and lemons

and I bought a plethora of goodies from the Japanese store (again)

including this wonderful watermelon sorbet in a cute ball!

yep another cookbook; I do enjoy Ella's writing and recipes

a dear friend brought back these lovelies from her recent trip to the U.K.

we visited the local Italian deli

our Tassie friend gave me this for my birthday

my niece sent me the spoon and the Japanese (bamboo) dishcloth

I made a Brussels sprouts and pumpkin frittata!

the curveball! I love the toucans. (Artwork by Misty Shipway)



c. Sherry M.


Be a part of our friendly IMK community by adding your post here too - everybody welcome!  We'd love to have you visit.  Tell us about your kitchen (and kitchen garden) happenings over the past month.  Dishes you've cooked, preserves you've made, herbs and veg. in your garden, kitchen gadgets, and goings-on.  And one curveball is welcome - whatever you fancy; no need to be kitchen-related.  

The link is open from the first of the month to midnight on the thirteenth of the month, every month.

Options for adding your post to IMK:

1. Add via the Add Link button at the bottom of this post.  Instructions can be found on the sidebar of this page, under the  Add your IMK link OR:

2. Comment on this post, providing a link to your post so I can add it manually to the list below OR:

3. Email me: sherrym1au@gmail.com, with your link or any queries about the link process, or if you would like it to be added after the 13th ('cos I'm happy to add it for you later)

4. If you prefer not to add your post via Inlinkz, I am very happy to add it for you manually.  Just email me with your blog name and URL!!  

Looking forward to seeing you all here, my friends!



Mae'sFoodBlog


Hi, fellow IMKers: for some reason, the inlinkz linky thing is not working at the moment, so I am having to add your posts here manually.  This might take me a while! :=)


The August IMK List:

Jo from Brookford Kitchen Diaries

Sammie from The Annoyed Thyroid

Marg from The Intrepid Reader

Melynda from Scratch Made Food

Deb from Readerbuzz


Hopefully, the problem is now fixed, my friends!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

42 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry, All the good things in your kitchen look lovely to me. A frittata sounds especially like a great idea for a meal soon in my own kitchen.

    My wrap for the month is here:

    https://maefood.blogspot.com/2026/07/in-my-kitchen-july-2026.html

    Good luck with the ongoing treatments for Mr.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that August brings you both good health with less tests and appointments. A positive attitude really does make a big difference.
    I love the photo of you, and I see at least two that I am pretty sure are yours. The cookbook does sound wonderful, but I have made a promise not to buy anymore. (I'm sure it won't last long) I love everything new in your kitchen this month especially the green bowl and the Japanese spoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. Hoping that August is less traumatic than the previous few months. Tho i do still have that op. coming up sometime ... I keep saying no more books too - hahaha ...

      Delete
  3. That's a gorgeous plate! I did notice that you enjoy Japanese snacks. So happy for you and your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Angie. Yep i am such a Japanophile - is that a word? :=)

      Delete
  4. You always have such good stuff! Love your pink coat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That spoon is very clever! I've often wished for an olive or caper spoon that drained easily. I must admit I found it hard to pick your painting though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous photo of you and your artwork which I've always loved! Here's to great health and well being for the both of you! The year has been a challenging one to say the least. Much love and healing vibes to you both xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a spoon like that! I have one similar but that shape is lovely. And so is thr Kimono plate. I will look for a mug here in that pattern as I collect them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a spoon! The Kimono pattern is so lovely.

      Delete
  8. Two of our book shops have sold out of the Risbridger. Ah well....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always get a big kick out of your IMK new or found items. I am trying very hard to not purchase anything new for the kitchen, but I do love dishes and kitchen gizmos. Its a losing battle most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anne. Yep I find it very hard (impossible?) to stop buying cookbooks and gadgets etc...

      Delete
  10. Here's hoping August brings a little more stability for you both. I love that Richard Bramble crockery... and Ella Risbridger's new book. Her writing is gorgeous. And, can you believe I made the link up this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jo. Yes Ella's writing is so good. I wonder if you have done the linkup on this post yet? Nothing showing here ...

      Delete
  11. That frittata looks so good! I love all your gifts and kitchen additions, especially the cute napkins. I have a friend who always brings a packet of cute napkins whenever she visits. It's such a fun gift! Hope that August brings both you and Mr P good news and good health. PS I think I know which is your pic and lovely to see you in front of the camera for a change :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sammie. Fingers crossed for better and healthier times for us and soon! Yep i think my artwork is pretty obvious :)

      Delete
  12. What a great photo! I do hope you will reveal which is your art soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Just think of foodie-type things for my artwork ...

      Delete
  13. Sherry, I love the photo of you in front of the wall of art! You always offer such an intriguing group of what is new in your kitchen, both the supplies and the food. The recipe book looks like a winner. Wishing you both good health as tomorrow brings another sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Melynda. Hoping that my own and hubby's health gets all better soon! (I'm adding IMK links manually so might take a while. Darn Inlinkz!)

      Delete
  14. SO many wonders this month - may August bring you and Mr. P all good things. I want so many things in your collection! The Japanese sesame oil (I love Japanese stores -- such an incredible esthetic!), the bamboo towl, the roasted red peppers, and your cordial! Take care, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks David. Yes hopefully this month will be better! And I love anything Japanese! as you know.

      Delete
  15. I've not been able to work out which artwork is yours, but I'm so happy for you, such a fun thing. The kitchen, as always, it top notch.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amalia. Just think of a foodie item for my artwork:-)

      Delete
  16. My kitchen isn't cute and photogenic like yours, but I hope to spend more time cooking in it again, once I'm retired. I love all of your photos and gifts, especially the beautiful plates and dishes.
    My husband teaches line dance classes and has lots of students who have been sharing produce with him. Tonight he brought home two gorgeous eggplants, and last week he brought home two zucchinis. Last month someone gave him a giant jar of homemade orange marmalade, that I've been mixing into yogurt, oatmeal, and the occasional cocktail.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. Oh i love eggplant 🍆! How lucky - and homemade marmalade is the best!

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. thank you Hena! I do enjoy adding more goodies to my kitchen (tho I need to stop some time - hehehe)

      Delete
  18. I'm sorry to hear about the health troubles - but I firmly believe August will be the start of better times! Oh and I totally spotted your artwork. :-) Well done, Sherry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks David. It had better be better - hehehe ... Thanks re the artwork...

      Delete
  19. hope you and Mr P are on the up and that things go better and better in August. thanks for sharing all your lovely additions to the kitchen, love that cute Japanese spoon and I wonder what the little holes are for? I imagined someone slurping noodles up them somehow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks muchly. I guess you can pick up a few peas or a tiny potato out of hot water with that spoon :) Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  20. I managed to get my baking post in today, before the deadline, but the linky is expired. Oh dear! Here's my post: https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2026/08/a-chocolate-chip-cookie-baking-frenzy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added you now manually to the list Deb! Yes the link expires midnight Brisbane time! Thanks for joining in this month.

      Delete
  21. Wow so much amazing to see here. Love the pic of you at the art show and I think I can spot your artwork! What an achievement! I also am pleased to spot a few special spoons :-) Beautiful plate, that is the cutest way to serve watermelon sorbet, gorgeous toucan painting, lovely gifts, fun Japanese purchases and I really want a Brussels Sprouts and pumpkin fritatta. Glad to hear Mr P is keeping his spirits up and has hope with a trial. Hope your August is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Johanna. Yes it was wonderful to see my artwork up on that wall. August is a mixed bag to be honest, but we are both doing okay. Hope your month is also going well.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.