Friday 14 June 2013

Bronze medal winner me!

So stoked to win a bronze medal today!
What an amazing day it was.   We had an early start- there by 7.30am- to set up our tables and tea settings. 6 nervous State finalists sat around in the green room waiting to be called in front of the 3 international judges including Dilhan Fernando the son of the Dilmah tea company founder.  I was finalist no. 5 so by the time it got to me I was a nervous wreck!  We then had to present our high tea and explain our theme and recipes, including our rationale and sustainability information.   I made a rosy punch using Dilmah Rose and French Vanilla tea, and also made smoked salmon crepes served with their Ranwatte single region tea.  The 3 judges were very kind, and said they found my presentation "homey" which I hope was a compliment.  It was a huge day and I went home in the afternoon thoroughly elated and exhausted.  My sister had come up from the coast to be my assistant, which was a blessing.   Not sure if I will do it again next year but they said it gets into your blood and you become addicted to it.   We will see!

2 comments:

  1. Sherry, this is fantastic, well done! Your high tea sounds and looks gorgeous. Will you do one for me next time I come up?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave your comment and I will reply as soon as I can. If you have problems commenting, please try without your WordPress profile. You can try Anonymous (add your name in the text) or your Google account if you have one.